1. The day started with the requisite morning egg hunt at home.
2. After the egg hunt at home, there was a short flight to San Jose.
3. When the three sisters are gathered in one place, Mommy thinks she’s won a trifecta.
4. There was another egg hunt in San Jose, this one shared with sisters.
5. Eggs were dyed.
6. There was even a Princess Leia egg and a Mr. Spock egg.
7. Someone, who shall remain nameless, spilled some dye and tried to deny it, but someone’s wife is a blogger and always ready with a camera and laptop to faithfully record and publicly display embarrassing evidence of her family’s follies.
8. Our holiday was attended by one chef, two bakers, and a very grateful dishwasher.
9. Our holiday included delicious roast lamb with mint jelly, baked yams, spinach salad, and crusty artisan bread with olive oil for dipping. Dessert was freshly baked carrot muffins with Neufatchel cheese and pineapple frosting.
10. After dinner, our family bonded in our own special way. (The Stevie Wonder impersonator on the far left is Courtney still recovering from laser eye surgery.)
11. Laura spilled her
Cosmopolitan cranberry juice all over herself and Kristen’s carpet. She cried but did not stop playing Wii baseball; it was her turn at bat after all.